Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Did You See Jesus In Others Today?

I have a good friend who really struggles with his relationship with God.
To me what he is going through is a good thing and is simply God re-tunning his life to walk out what my friend has been called to do.

My friend feels as though he is a 2nd rate believer because of his job and the work he does. He has somehow gotten the idea that God can only be served within the confines of a four-walled structure we call the church.

My friend is a carpenter and a good one at that. His heart is very much in tune with God and he seeks daily to walk in a manner worthy of the call that God has placed on his life. My friend is also blind. Not physically, but spiritually. He does not see the way God uses him in the workplace. I truly can say that my friend exhibits God's heart and character as he makes his rounds each day. At the end of the day, my friend struggle with a false belief that somehow what he does is not important to the kingdom.

I assured him that the essence and heart of God's Kingdom is to take it into every corner, every nook and cranny of this earth. To conduct our business according to the mandate layed down by Jesus. To have the heart of God when we deal with other people. My friend operates this way in every job he bids for and in the way he conducts himself during the construction phase.

It would be good if we could un-religize our minds and truly begin to operate from the perspective that we truly are salt and light. That our call is to effect change through the Holy Spirit upon our society. Change the heart........change society. As salt we bring a flavor to an otherwise bland world. When the Word and Spirit of God are shaken out upon a people, they come alive. As light we are called to shine in darkness. Shine! That is all. Simply shine. Be who you were created to be and do what you were called to do. You don't pray against the darkness, you go and shine into it. Push it back by doing the works of Christ.

Until tomorrow...
God on you.....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...