Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I Want To Be a Clone

Back in the 80's Steve Taylor showed up and upset the church world.
His voice sang of churches that had become like an assembly line where the only thing that mattered was the number of people that were brought in. Once inside they could be changed to conform.

Rather than dealing with the heart.
Rather than teaching on repentence.
Rather than even preaching and teaching the Word of God/ Gospel of Jesus....the church adopted a "felt needs" approach to dealing with people.
They were going to entertain the people into heaven.
If you can find any of Steve Taylor's early work like MELTDOWN or STEEPLE CHASE get it.
Thanks Steve for shaking things up.
mb

2 comments:

A.J. said...

I give this post a big fat MAYONAISE!

(for those who might see this and not know... mayo is another word used at Rapha for 'amen')

I believe that in an effort to reach more people we have distorted the truth. Without true repentance there is no change. And without holiness nobody will see God. Give me truth till it hurts... I want to make it to heaven no matter how bad I have to hurt while on earth. If Jesus learned obedience by suffering, how much more will I have to. Also, I didn't see Jesus or John the Baptist being "seeker sensitive" very much. When he spoke of eating his flesh and drinking his blood even some of his disciples got up and left. it is his way, or the highway... the highway to Hell that is. No thanks, I choose to walk the straight and narrow... no matter what it costs.

It will be worth it. Of this I am sure.

Great post Mike, thanks for sharing.

I love you.

Anonymous said...

Great!
Ever'body mus git cloned.....

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...