Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Rainy Tuesday

Overcast, rainy, dark, dreary...just a few of the words used to describe today.
I'm at home in my office hacking out this post for the blog.
Yesterday was a really good day.
On Monday's I teach the morning classes.
We were dealing with step #11 which is seek to know God's will through prayer and meditation.
The video's for the class were Relapse pt 1 and pt. 2 with Delbert Boone and Father Martin.
Delbert, a felon serving 4 terms in state pen.
Father Martin, a Catholic priest who was an alcoholic.
Both now clean and sober and giving back to those who are struggling with their addiction.
Much interaction and questions from the group.
Still, it is hard to look out on a group of men who supposedly are here for the same reason.
Truth be known, they aren't.
Some merely to get legal issues taken care of.
Some to get people and family off their backs.
Some........well, they really are tired of the lifestyle and desire a change.
As I tell the groups........"I don't care how you got here, it's how you leave I'm concerned with."

In the afternoons I teach a Bible study.
For the past 2 weeks we have been studying the book of Matthew.
Background and history of the time between the Old and New Testament.
The sudden explosion of Divine interaction after 400 years of silence.
The appearance of John the Baptist and Jesus.
My purpose is to point to the Scripture as more than a book, but a practical understanding of how to live life here today. To allow the Holy Spirit to "guide" us into all truth. There from that place of "all truth" we can hear God and follow His instructions on what to do, where to go, what to say. In other words, how to live life.

The best part of what I do is when I'm in my office at Rapha and there is a knock on my door.
I never know who is going to walk into my office.
I never know what this person may be dealing with or what questions they may have.
I never know if I will even have anything to offer them.
I know I can pray for them and with them.
so goes my world.....
Today.....
I am grateful.
I am at peace.
I am content.
I am in touch.
for this, I thank you Father.

God on you........
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...