Friday, March 27, 2009

Pay Day

He came to my door last night at 10:15.
Knocking gently, he opened it and came into my office.
Silent, not speaking.
Head down.
Silence.
I asked, "Did you need something?"
Tears.
Sobbing.
"What do I have to do to be saved?"
Those are the most incredible, powerful words that a human could ever speak.

Over the next few moments between sobs, he talked with God.
"I'm a sinner."
"Forgive me Lord"
"I want you to be Lord of my life".
More tears.
This conversation of stops and starts between tears went on for some time.
At the end he looked up and cried even harder.
"I don't know what to feel."
"It's o.k. I assured him."

"You need to tell someone what has happened to you."
There in that little office, a soul was transformed by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Taken from the kingdom of darkness and placed into the Kingdom of God.
I never tire of this scene.
Thank you Lord that your arm is not short that you cannot save or your ear so dull that you cannot hear.

God on you today............
Pray for this young man.........
mb

2 comments:

RODRIGUEZ said...

a powerful moment....heaven rejoiced

Greene Street Letters said...

I never grow tired of seeing someone come to know the real deal Jesus.
It rocks..
mb

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...