Friday, February 19, 2010

Friiiiiiidaaaaaay!

Made it.
Another week under the belt and now the real work begins.
Friday for me is an organization day.
Prepare the worship for tomorrow nights meeting.
Work on the message.
Lot's of prayer.............mostly "O God, O God, O God, O God!" Those, I think, are God's favorite prayers to hear. Why? Because by the time you get to simply crying out "O God!" you've pretty much reached the end of everything you can do and you are ready to turn to God. You know that when times are hard or your in trouble, you don't pray those King James prayers.....
You know the ones I'm talking about.
"O Lord-eth! We besechest thouest to comest downeth from the heaveneth and toucheth all whoeth are undereth your careth."
Nah! You don't pray like that. When you are in a hard place you cut right to the "O God, O God, O God" prayers. That's o.k. What I need to learn is to carry on prayer with God all day. Kind of a running dialog with Him and as I do this, learn to listen for him to speak.

Yesterday was a kind of payday time. From time to time if I find myself struggling God will send someone who has gone through the program to tell me what is going on in their life. Yesterday he sent a man named Ray who was here back in '04. Ray walked up and hugged my neck and told me that he was working with the VA hospital in Birmingham and that he God was letting him minister and pray with the guys. He told me his story of what all has transpired since leaving Rapha. Some good..........some not so good. In the end, here today, Ray is doing well. He has a passion to serve God by doing whatever God wants him to do. Like I said, yesterday was payday.

Tonight Vicki and I travel to Centre for Celebrate Recovery.
This is one of my most favorite places to go and speak. I have never gone there and came away not seeing God work and move on the people. It is like this particular Celebrate Recovery has a lot of grace to carry on the work. I know that it was birthed (the meeting) from the death of Regina and Donnie George's son, Griffin, so if ever pain and grief brought forth something wonderful and beautiful, this is a perfect example. God took this families loss and the pain they were suffering and used it to bring life to so many others.

I trust that you have a good day.
Find God (not that he's missing) as you travel around.
Until tomorrow...
God on you..............
mb

VERSE OF THE DAY: Psalm 103:4
He ransoms me from death and surrounds me with love and tender mercies.

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...