Saturday, February 6, 2010

Simple Truth

Simple truth sometimes is the greatest truth.
It is uncluttered and uncompromising.
It is truth that has no gray areas but exists in Black and white.
Truth that is either received or rejected.
Such truth has the ability to change lives.
Such truth has the ability to turn the world upside down.
Ask the 120 who were sitting together on the day of Pentecost.

Simple truth is powerful.
It cannot be defeated or crushed by a wave of intellectualism or academia.
Simple truth stands the test of time.
Governments rise and fall.....
Leaders, great or small, rise and disappear from the stage of life...
but simple truth stands against the winds of change or society.
Simple truth.
I am in need of such truth today, for this kind of truth disarms every thing the enemy brings to my mind and heart.
No memory, no matter how painful, can stand against simple truth.
No bitterness, no jealously, no unforgiveness can defeat simple truth.
So what is this truth?
What great philosophical statement can be made that will disarm the hordes of hell?
simple.

Jesus loves me...
This I know...

For the Bible tells me so.
Little ones to Him belong.
They are weak

But He is strong.
Yes! Jesus loves me.
Yes! Jesus loves me.
Yes! Jesus loves me.
The Bible tells me so.

Plant your life on this and see the salvation God brings.
God on you this week end....
See you Monday, here at the Greene Street Letters
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...