Thursday, February 18, 2010

Wait For It!


Here is one of the pictures from our snow episode last week. Our friend here, standing on the dock, was fishing. He stood there for hours waiting and watching. He didn't move but kept his gaze on the pond and then finally.........swoop! He had a fish. The old crane was not deterred from his duty or his need to be fed.
I think I need to be like that crane when it comes to my hunger and desire for God and his word. To be patient and always watching. To not let things that aren't important turn my attention away from what I am truly waiting on. To not grab the first good thing and forsake the God-thing that he is wanting to teach me or show me or have me experience.
Patience.
Not a virtue in our world today. We are instant everything. For most, the need for "instant" God is how the mind and flesh cry out. We want God and we want him now. We forget that God is God and he doesn't work for us. In fact..................NEWSFLASH!............we are not the center of the universe. The old Psalmist wrote that "We are his people (God's people), the sheep of his pasture. It is he that made us and not we ourselves." Simple truth. Profound truth. Truth that we need to understand with our hearts.
I have a good friend, Brook Finlayson, who taught that God's grace has a pace and a place. I have never forgotten that. God's grace has a pace or timing to it. We can run ahead and miss it, or we can lag behind and miss it. We need to learn that walking with God daily puts us in the place and pace where we receive the grace he so wants to give us. To often we allow our own flesh, our own ability to dictate what we should do. It may even be a good thing or a religious thing, but not from God. We run around trying to make it happen using God's name to validate our actions, when in fact, God has said, "Wait for me! Don't get ahead or fall behind."
Wait for God....
Listen for God....
Move when he says move....
Rest when he says rest.....
Find him today.....
God on you.............
mb
VERSE OF THE DAY:
Jeremiah 6:16
Thus says the Lord, "Stand by the roads and look and ask for the eternal paths, where the good, old way is. Then walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls. But they said, "We will not walk in it!"
Don't be as the ones who refused to follow the simple instructions of God.
What path are you on today?
One that leads to life?
Heaven?
Or one that leads to eternal destruction and damnation?

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...