Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Loving It!


Psalm 84:10-12
For a day in Your courts is better than a thousand.
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God
than dwell in the tents of wickedness.
For the LORD God is a sun and shield.
The LORD will give grace and glory.
No good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly.
O LORD of hosts
Blessed is the man who trusts in You!
I guess one way of saying it would be:
"The worst day with God is better than the best day the world could offer to me"
Yesterday was a fearful day for me.
It seemed like every area that I was lacking in raised its voice and screamed in my head.
But God......
In His infinite mercy and wisdom, calmed my fears.
Reminded me that there was truth in my lack of ability and strength....
but....
Reaffirmed to me that He was strength in every place that had no strength.
He was wisdom in the middle of my dullness.
He was mercy in the midst of my unforgiveness.
He was light even though I felt darkness.
God reminded me that everything I wasn't
He was.
Today, I am grateful.
Today, I am at peace.
Today, I still don't have any answers, but that's o.k.
The answers will come in His time, not mine.
I rest in the truth of who God is.
What better place could you ever hope to be?
Find if for yourself.
God on you.....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...