Saturday, April 3, 2010

He Is Not There!


Tomorrow is resurrection Sunday.
There will be many songs played that will paint different pictures of what transpired in that tomb, the night before Jesus rose from the dead.
Sermons will be preached.
Pastor's will be in prayer tonight over what they are to say tomorrow.
Bottom line to it all is this....
Simple truth.
Jesus rose from the dead.
A state of being that I am incapable of beating.
A moment in time that I will go to (death) knowing that
what I have done here on earth, as far a choices and decisions made,
will affect where I spend eternity.
Simple truth.
Jesus rose from the dead.
There are those who would argue the point of Jesus' resurrection.
But I know.
By faith, I know.
By faith, I know that Jesus rose from the dead.
Spent 40 days teaching His disciples.
Then gathering them on a hillside outside of Jerusalem,
Gave them final instructions and ascended back to heaven.
By faith, I know that one day He is coming back.
To gather unto Himself those who are saved.
I know this.
How?
Because Jesus rose from the dead.
No matter how many sermons are shared tomorrow.....
No matter how much Easter music is played....
No matter who fine your dress is tomorrow...
It all comes down to what do you believe....
I don't mean what you confess to believe....
I mean the deep-down-inside-make-a-difference- in-my-life beliefs.
They belief that governs how you live and approach others.
Because if you truly believe that Jesus rose from the dead.....
Then live like it.
Love others...
Love yourself....
Love God....
Show it...
Demonstrate it....
Give away freely what has been given to you.....
And oh yeah...
One other thing.....
HE IS RISEN!
mb

2 comments:

Bobby said...

Some will hunt eggs tomorrow and I guess thats OK. But I've put all my eggs in one basket! He died....He has risen! I'm trusting in Jesus the God-Man.

Greene Street Letters said...

Don't you think the devil hates reliving this day every year?
You go God!!!!

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...