Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Mmmmm Good!


Banana Pudding....
It just doesn't get any better than that.
My all time favorite dessert.
Better than chocolate cake,
Better than Apple pie...
Better than anything created by French chefs
or
fancy restaurants.
Give me Banana Pudding.
I don't like it hot...
I like it from the 'fridge.
It is a party in my mouth.
Why write about this?

Because as much as I like Banana pudding....
I love God even more.
"O.k. Michael, you've lost me.
Where did this come from."
Very unusual verse found in Psalm 34...
Verse 8 reads:
Taste and see that the LORD is good.
That the sense of taste would be tied to the sense of vision.
The word "taste" is translated perceive or know.
IF you think about it, tasting something, a food or a dessert,
has nothing to do with vision.
All information gathered comes from what takes place in your mouth.
From my view point, I think it is saying that our faith
gives us the ability to see.
Our faith allows us to savor and enjoy the 'taste' of God.
We do so through the interaction between Him and us.
Every moment doesn't have to be a "heaven-parting-10-commandment- part-the-red-sea-moment".
Some moments can simply be in a quiet place, just God and you.
Moments such as these sometimes carry more power of presence than what we
consider to be "Power Encounters."
So today....
Taste God
and See
let your faith take you places that you have never been with God before.
Stretch out your faith beyond your reach.
He is an awesome God.
God on you....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...