Friday, April 30, 2010

Turn The Page...


One thing that I have learned over the years, is that when dealing with God......trying to follow his direction......doing what he says to do......Nothing is forever.
By that, I meant whatever you are called to is for a season.
Sometimes we think we are taking part in a particular work that has lasting value. The work indeed is for the Kingdom. The work you are participating in is for God, but I don't know that it will extend for season upon season.
I remember when we started House of Blue, a recovery meeting at Gadsden Vineyard. It gradually grew and grew and then became this "thing" that was bigger than all of us who were participating in it. The place would be packed on Saturday night, ministry was happening everywhere around us. The worship was off the charts and God, as one person put it, was in the House. Then came the day when God told me, "It's time to put it to bed." No way! That couldn't possibly be God, or could it? Turns out is was. When I made the announcement that we were shutting House of Blue down, there was an outcry from many that I couldn't do it. It wasn't right, it wasn't God telling me to do that. I knew better.
We shut it down and God moved us on to the next thing.
I have written all of this to get to this point.
Today, a page is turning here at Rapha.
Steve and Marilyn Yarbrough have sold Rapha and are moving on to a new phase of their life.
IT was time.
God has been leading in this direction for a number of months and so we simply submit to his plan.
Rapha has become the premiere faith-based recovery center in this state, but as Steve put it, "I've taken Rapha as far as I can. I came here and built on another man's foundation. It's time for someone to build upon the foundation I have laid." Sounds like wisdom from God doesn't it?
What does this mean for me?
I'm not sure.
I don't have a leading at this time to pursue something else, so until then I will remain here and carry on with what God has called Vicki and I to do.
Whatever happens, I know it will continue in the area of recovery.
So pray for all of us here at Rapha. That we would simply wait for God's instructions for the next season.

No matter what, the Greene Street Letters will continue to go out.
I will see you tomorrow.
God on you................
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...