Tuesday, June 22, 2010

And Those Walls.....Came Tumbling Down


Walls...
Thick....
High....
Massive....
Pretty much summed up what the Israelites saw when the crossed over Jordan into the land of promise.
Something so big, so huge that they could not simply by pass it.
These men and women were not soldiers.
They had come out of Egypt with a 430 year heritage of being slaves.
They knew nothing of military tactics.
Yet here was Jericho standing right in front of them.
It mocked them.
The walls of Jericho cried out in defiance of the God of Israel.
"You will never bring us down!"

But in the book of Joshua Chapter 6, verse 2 we read:
Then the Lord said to Joshua, "See, I have delivered Jericho into your hands, along with its king and its fighting men."

When Joshua looked up what did he see?
The city still standing.
The gates shut tight.
The walls looming high overhead.
Nothing had changed at all, except that the God of Israel had declared that the city now belonged to Israel.
He would bring about the destruction of the walls.
All Israel had to do was walk in silence.
Isn't that the hardest thing for us to do today?
Walk in silence?
Here is something that I missed in my day to day relationship with God.
God has declared certain promises and directives for me to live by to insure my walk with Him.
All I have to do is walk in silence.
There is nothing more to say.
God has spoken.
I just need to remain silent and walk it out.
In an age of opinion and talk radio, we might be offended to learn that God does not care what out opinion is.
Wow!
All I have to is follow Him.
Could it possibly be that easy?
Follow Him?
I think maybe it is.

Walk by faith (the walls are still standing but God said they'd be down shortly).
No matter what WALL is in front of you today, know and seek God for direction.
Then do it.

God on you......
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...