Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Such A Time As This

Mark 10:45
For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many.
I guess this is one aspect of the Kingdom of God I struggle with the most.
The fact that as a follower of Jesus, it isn't all about me, but others.
In my head I know that I am a conduit, if you will, for God to flow through and minster and serve others.
Service doesn't always come in  the form of teaching or preaching (thank goodness).
Service comes in the form of helping others do what they cannot do themselves.
In Scripture, Jesus said that there was a reward for those who gave a cup of cold water in his name.
In fact, I guess you could say "It is the little things that matter the most to God."
A lot of people only want to work for God if they can get plugged into what they perceive to be "big events" or "big things."

I remember a young man who came through Rapha and God touched him in a glorious fashion. He was saved and on fire. In the midst of all this emotional fervor, he came to me to tell me that God had given him a vision of what my future was to be. He said that he saw me up on a stage in a huge arena. Lights were on me and there were television cameras every where. He said that my teaching stirred the people and there were hundreds, maybe even thousands, coming to the front to be saved. I thanked him for the word and then asked, "Where was God in all of that vision?" He looked puzzled. I told him that his entire vision was about me. How selfish would that be? It wasn't from God, but from the heart of a young man who wanted to encourage me. To me, the greatest encouragement I could ever receive from anyone is for them to say, "You know........when you teach, I can understand what you are saying. The Bible makes sense." That is when I know God is at work.

Today?
Do the little things for the kingdom.
God on you............
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...