Monday, July 26, 2010

The Great Move....Part 2

We are half way there.
Where?
To Athens, Georgia.

Vicki and I are helping our son, Josh, and his wife, Heather, complete the move from Arkadelphia, Arkansas to Athens, Georgia.
We left out Saturday morning at 3:30 a.m. headed for Arkadelphia.
Arrived around 11 a.m.

Helped load up our van and car. Helped to clean up the house and then moved on to the hotel.
After supper, Vicki conked out around 7.
I soon followed at 8.

"BOING!!!!" Up at 1:30 a.m. / gassed up and on the highway by 2:30.
Back to Bama.
Josh and Heather made it to our house around 4 p.m.

Today is part 2.
Josh and Heather headed out at 5 a.m.
Vicki and I will follow at 10.
We will take Josh's car to him and help finish up the unloading.
Dinner, some hugs and kisses, and it's back home to Bama.

What have I learned about all of this?
God honors the prayers of his children.
Much prayer has gone into this move, and God has been there at every turn.
When ever a problem stuck its ugly head up, God was there to give us direction and wisdom to find a way.

Saturday / Sunday =  16 hours of driving and 939 miles.
Monday =  approx. 6 more hours of driving.
If I ever drive a long trip again, it will probably be to the beach to sit and relax.
Sounds like a good idea.
But not today.
Until tomorrow....
God on you............
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...