Thursday, July 22, 2010


John 15:1 --  "I AM the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman."

Words of Jesus.
Jesus identifies himself along with his relationship with his Father.
He understands the exact nature of his position in the Godhead.
He is the Son and is submissive to the Father.
What the Father asks....
The Son does.
Oh that I could learn and understand my position in Christ.
I fit into this wonderful hierarchy of heaven, based solely on my salvation.
I am a son.
I am an heir.
I am a friend.
I am a servant.

Jesus, in the opening words of John 15, makes an interesting statement.
He says, "I AM the true vine."
Why would he have to say this?
Why would He say this?
Why identify himself?

Because Jesus knew that there were false vines out there.
He could distinguish them, but he knew that we lacked discernment and would fall prey to these "false" vines.
It is written in Romans 10:17 that  faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God.
Do you realize how many voices are out there today all claiming the same thing?
Do you realize how easily people are swayed by the mannerisms and image of those who belong to the false vine?
Jesus simply and clearly states....."Hey guys...I'm the one you're listening for."
"I am the true vine."
Jesus is the complete that my can fill my soul.
Jesus is the complete that can satisfy a hunger that will not go away.
Jesus is the complete that can bring rest to my wandering eyes and feet.
He makes me lie down in green pastures to rest and be restored.
He is the true vine that keeps every promise the Father has spoken.

This is why King David could write, "The Lord is my shepherd...I shall not want."
Do you really understand the words that David wrote?
DO I really understand the words that David wrote?
Read again the words of Ps. 23...
The Lord is my shepherd.....I.....SHALL......NOT......Want.
There is a satisfaction that we do not realize when we come to Jesus.
There is a wholeness that comes to our spirit, soul and body when we come to Jesus.
I....shall....not....want.
Wow!
Father God...
Help me this day to truly realize that I shall not want in this relationship with you.
Lord, I know that it speaks not of material things that would only stir my flesh, but of the eternal things that you have promised to those whose hearts are totally committed to you.
Lord, plant us deep in your vine today and receive the nourishment only you can give.
Thank you...
In Jesus name..
amen!

God on you...
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...