Monday, July 5, 2010

The Love of God - Ryan Delmore (fan video)

And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up.
That whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God so loved the world , that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through him might be saved.

How amazing that an incident that took place over 2000 years ago still resonates in the hearts of men and women around this world even today as I post this. I can't explain how it works all I know is like the blind man Jesus healed....."I was blind.....now I see." I was living in a darkness that consumed me heart, body, soul, mind and purpose." I could not save myself no matter how hard I wanted to or tried. I was doomed to a punishment that I could understand with my head but not my heart. What punishment? To be eternally separated from a God who loved me so much that He provided the way out from this punishment. Not only that, the way out was so much more than I had ever considered. It involved this God putting a part of himself inside of me to act as a "voice" of reason and guidance. He gave me abundant life here and now and provided me eternal life after I draw my last breath.

Today, I am grateful for such a God as this. A God that is beyond my understanding even though I will never stop pursuing Him. A God that is capable of doing anything in my life, according to His will, that goes far beyond my understanding or imagination.

A God who transcends governments or culture to reach down into the people to bring healing and restoration. My allegiance first and foremost is to the LORD God. He ransomed me from my own future and has given me direction and purpose. This is the God I write about here at Greene Street Letters. My love for Him is such that I wish I could invent new words to describe Him...the ones I have seem to grow weary and dull and do not convey the beauty of God.

Some call me delusional and out of touch. To this I reply, "OH that God would lay hold of those who say such things that they become delusional and out of touch and never recover from it!" Today...let this be the real INDEPENDENCE day that God declares you set free from the kingdom of darkness.

Praise God!

God on you today!
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...