Friday, July 30, 2010

Prayer - Ravenhill


The church of this age and day has created a "god" of ease. A god that is only concerned with the comfort of our flesh, and not the growth of our character. The church of this age and day has molded and shaped the cross of Christ to fit their own selfish desires. We go to conferences and meeting and during worship, we shed many tears for various reason, but when was the last time tears were shed for those who do not know Jesus?
This is not a post of condemnation but rather a call to change. Just as God is changing my wife and I, the only choice we have is to follow Christ. Follow! We do not get to bargain or compromise. Ours is to simply follow. God has shown me that I can no longer do business with the world, on the world's terms. As Paul wrote..."The world is dead to me and I to the world." In other words a severance has taken place and Paul's devotion and heart belong solely to Christ.
The church of this age and day no longer looks to heaven for comfort. In fact, I feel as though some are embarrassed by the idea of heaven. Life is too good here on planet earth to be concerned with heaven. I had one person tell me that "Heaven sounds so religious." RELIGIOUS! The sitting government of God Almighty resides there. RELIGIOUS! Are we turning into what the prophet Malachi described?
Malachi 1:12-13- But you are profaning it (God's Holy name, in that you say, 'The table of the LORD is defiled, and as for it's fruit, its food is to be despised." You also say, "My, how tiresome it is!" And you disdainfully sniff at it, says the LORD of hosts. And you bring what was taken by robbery, and what is lame or sick....so you bring the offering! Should I receive that from your hand? Says the Lord.
Do not let the pursuit of comfort and fullness of stomach be your main objective. You will be sorely disappointed "when" the day of evil comes.
What do I know for sure?
My God still does the impossible. My God strengthens those whose hearts are committed to Him. My God will meet my needs. I need not fear the "terror by night", nor the "arrow that flies by day," for my God is a refuge and fortress.
Take comfort in your relationship with Jesus today, knowing that nothing that happens has caught him of guard or unaware. Rest in his strength and in the power of his word.
God on you.....
mb.

1 comment:

Bobby said...

God is calling us to prayer. The only way this generation will accomplish anything is to become more heavenly minded!

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...