Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Real Prescription


From Dr. Bob Smith, one of the co founders of A.A.
His own personal prescription for recovery.
1.) Trust God -  Steps # 1 - 3
2.) Clean House --  Steps # 4 - 11
3.) Help Others -  Step # 12

So simple.
We begin our journey with the cold hard truth that we are powerless.
We may have certain areas in our life that we feel as though we are able to retain some
power and control...
Our addiction left unchecked will certainly spill over to the areas we are able to control. It is sure certainty that they too will become destroyed because of the drinking and drugging.

I think God said it perfectly in Deuteronomy 2:2 -
And the LORD spoke to me, saying:"You have skirted this mountain long enough..turn northward."
I had done the same behaviors over and over and over and nothing has changed.
In fact things have gotten worse.
It took God speaking to me to help me understand that there was a better way than my own personal choices.

Jesus is the answer.
Pretty simple...huh?
Over the years my theology has remained constant.
It's Just Jesus!

So Thanks to Dr. Bob Smith and Bill Wilson for sitting down in the house in Akron, Ohio back in 1935.
For sitting down and talking. That's all...just talking.
One drunk talking to another drunk.
What they came away with was something unique that was not born from the heart of man.

God on you.........
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...