Saturday, January 29, 2011

John Piper - Make War



Matthew 11:12
And from the days of John the Baptist until now the Kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force....

It is a war...life here in this day and time is a war!
You might not want to believe it.
You may deny that such a thing is happening.
But in the spiritual realm, there is a battle for your very soul between the Kingdom of God and the forces of Satan.
Satan attacks us with deception and lies and threats. He seek so to create in us fear. Fear stops us and when we are not moving with God, we are easy prey for the devil.

I Peter 5:8 reads: Be sober, be vigilant because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour.
He comes looking for us.
Looking for our weakness. Which brings up another thought. I thought I was to be weak so that in Jesus I am made strong? There is weakness that comes from surrender and giving ourselves to Jesus and then there is weakness that comes from our sinful appetite if we allow it to have it's way.
John 15:4 we find Jesus talking...."I am the vine, you are the branches. He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit, for without me you can do nothing.

We must seek to remain in Jesus.
In our lives as we surrender daily our will to him.
By prayer....
By study of His word....
By becoming a part of a community of believers.
By telling our story.
We seek to move from fear to a declaration of war against darkness, always seeking God's word and will for our everyday life.

God on you....
mb

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...