Friday, January 21, 2011

Ahead Of His Time



That Jesus.....Who would have ever thought that he was on the cutting edge of society?
Who would have ever guessed that the son of Mary and Joseph would be light years ahead of us today?
He had one long before I did.
He was posting in his over a period of 1500 years.
What?
What am I talking about?
Did you ever realize that Jesus had his own "Facebook"?
The Bible.
When you read the Bible you are brought face to face with Jesus.
He is on every page. Sometimes you can see him clearly and sometimes there are symbols and types and shadows. But he is there.
Funny part is he truly wants to be your friend (not to mention Lord/ Savior/ etc....etc.)
"But that book is so old and out of date," you may be saying to yourself.
Not true......
Jesus has no need for a 2.0 Bible or a "new and improved faster running" version.
Faster does not always equate with better.
According to Jesus' facebook, the winner is the one who does not give up but perseveres until the end.
Jesus even sends out "Friend" request in his Facebook.
Matthew 11:28-30 - "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me. For I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
Wow! What an invite.
I guess Larry Norman was right. "Why don't you check into Jesus....He's got the answer!"

God on you....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...