Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Why?

This week begins a new page for me at Rapha.
I have taken over the daily teaching duties.
Our program is a 6 month program that has, for the first 7 weeks, an intensive class room course that each man must go through.
Since I first came to Rapha back in 1998, I have done various teachings and classes, but starting this week, I moved into the full time teacher.
What's even more exciting for me is that we have returned to our old curriculum Conquering Chemical Dependency which is a Christ centered 12 Step look at recovery.

The teaching is where God plants the seeds of truth in each man. There aren't many things that I truly know, but I know this......the seed we plant at Rapha is good seed. It produces fruit in the lives of those who come through the program. It may not produce while they are at Rapha, but somewhere down the line, there is remembrance of things that were said, prayers that were prayed and things that happened. It causes a man to turn back to God.

II Timothy 2: 25-26 reads: They should gently teach those who oppose the truth. Perhaps God will change those people's hearts, and they will believe the truth. Then they will come to their senses and escape from the Devil's trap. For they have been held captive by him to do whatever he wants.
Here again we see the workings of God's kingdom.
It is predicated on truth. Not a relative truth that seems to permeate our society, but rather the divine truth that comes down from above. Truth that exists to guide and correct, lovingly turning the hearts of sinners to God.

I don't lay claims to having all the truth. I have and understand some truth.
Jesus is Lord.
Only the blood of Jesus can destroy the presence of sin, the power of sin and the penalty of sin.

Time moves ever quickly to confirm the truth of Scripture. We truly are in the last days or, as John Wimber use to say, "We are laster than we've ever been."

The same Holy Ghost that raised Jesus from the dead, now resides in me to bring about God's will in my life.

There is no hole or pit so deep that God is not deeper still (Thank you Corrie Ten Boom for saying this).
Not even the pit of addiction.

Daily I am thankful that God has allowed me to be a part of Rapha. To be able to watch His hand touch and heal those who the world had given up on and tossed onto the garbage heap of humanity. To take from that pile and clean up, love and place His Spirit inside, giving them new life.

We serve a good God....
Amen?
Amen!

God on you....
mb

3 comments:

Deb Hood said...

Amen !

Greene Street Letters said...

Hey! Missed you Saturday....
Hope all is going well with your son and his new abode.
Hope to see you soon..
Michael b.

Deb Hood said...

Thanks MB. Really missed being there. All is going well ! Tell Vicki I said hi !

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...