Thursday, September 1, 2011

39 And Counting!


There she is.
The first face that I see every morning.....
Hers is the last voice I hear before I go to sleep.
My wife.
Today we celebrate 39 years of marriage.
We spent this morning talking over coffee about the years we have been together.
She still doesn't believe that I feel in love with her the first time I ever saw her.
She said it was hormones or infatuation.
I said, "Nope! It was LUV!"

I still can't wrap my head around the "39 years" part. That sounds so long and people who have that many years together should be old. In some ways we are old (or at least...Older). In other ways, it feels like we are just now hitting our stride in knowing each other.
I can truly say that I have been well loved by her, and she by me.
There isn't a day that passes that we don't share a laugh together. Actually it's my life's goal to make her laugh at least once a day. So far so good.

Vicki is more than just my wife.
She is my best-est friend.
I'd rather be with her than anyone else I know.
There is a comfort that we have kindled in our relationship with each other.
A comfort that allows us to be in a room together and not feel like we have to fill up the air with conversation.
She can speak to me with her eyes in a way that words never could.
Her smile...
Even the way she says my name is unlike any other person I know.
I have been truly blessed to be married to this incredible lady.
So here's to Tall Boy Vegetable soup......
Bacon, Lettuce and tomato sandwiches......
Not knowing how to burp......
Smelling something electrical that might or might not be on fire.
To 4-way stops and counting, "One, Two, Three, my turn!"
To "Something" by the Beatles.....
Ralphie......
and many other memories that have become a part of our life and language....
I love you Vicki.....

God on you.....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...