Saturday, October 29, 2011

I'm Late...I'm late...I'm late

I didn't oversleep this morning. Just had some appointments I needed to keep before I could actually get started on my day.
Breakfast with a good friend. Much coffee and much catching up. Our lives have taken different turns and yet God still has his hand on both of us as we told of our struggles and victories in the midst of life.
Isn't that what life is really about?
Sharing and praying with each other. Good friends. Good brothers and sisters in Christ.
I was given a most incredible worship CD by my friend. Never Looking Back by John Barnett. Each song is a gem of not only good music but incredible lyrics that are simple yet have not lost the heart of worship. It is playing even now as I type this.

I find that in my life at this point, nothing is more important to me than family and friends. Of course I write of such things as they are found in the Kingdom of God. I have been blessed to be surrounded by godly friends and family. We share with each other our need for prayers to offered up on our behalf. We are very much in touch with our humanity in the light of God's Holy Spirit. By that, I mean we are who we are. Some days we are messes, but we are God's messes. Some days we seem to be able to storm the gates of hell with water guns, only because of God's Spirit that lives in us. Through it all, we move daily toward a reuniting with Jesus. What a glorious day that will be.

Tonight I'll be teaching from James 1:5-8 at our Saturday service at Rapha.
If you need wisdom---if you want to know what God wants you to do---ask Him, and He will gladly tell you. He will not resent your asking. But when you ask Him, be sure that you really expect him to answer, for a doubtful mind is as unsettled as a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind. People like that should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. They can't make up their minds. They waver back and forth in everything they do.

No matter whether you are in recovery or not, in our daily lives of being a follower of Jesus, we should strive for consistency. The ability to deal with life using the directions of God and not turning away and running from it. Every day and in every way, I am a reflection of God for others to see. I am that reflection in the way I conduct myself in the situations and circumstances I find myself in.  Truth be known, how I respond to adversity reveals great insight into what I truly believe. That is why I have to follow Jesus. Not in a spiritual, ethereal, mystical way. But in the nuts and bolts decisions I have to make each day. The simplicity of the Gospel played out in the arena of human existence.

Matthew 5:3 reads --- You are blessed when you are at the end of your rope. With less of you, there is more of God and his rule.
Here in is the lesson.
When Jesus said, "Follow me."..........He meant it.

God on you.....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...