Friday, July 13, 2012

For Those Who Are Overwhelmed Today



You are not alone.....
Your thoughts may have convinced you that you are....
That no one cares....
That no one understands you and your situation....
But that is not the truth.

You are not alone......

There is a Power greater than yourself.....
Greater than your imagination....
Greater than your own intellectual ability to reason....

A Power that can restore you to sanity.
"I don't feel insane."
I don't know if anyone ever truly does feel insane...
Insanity in this case, would be the inability to make sound decisions.
I choose things for myself that I know are not right....
Are bad for me....
I choose them anyway....
That is insanity.

Despite the pain I know I will cause others....
In spite of all the negative consequences for my choices....
I choose anyway.
Insanity.


When my mind / heart is in this place of terrible decisions and destructive behavior...The enemy whispers to me that I am alone.
He is my enemy.
The Devil.
Satan.
Lucifer.

The Serpent.
The dragon.
Many names but the same evilness that seeks to destroy me.
Why me?
I am one of God's creations.

My enemy knows he can never defeat or harm God.
Instead, my enemy goes after that which is dear to God's heart.
Me.
He seeks to cut me away from any influence God has in my life.
He seeks to convince me that I am alone. He tells me that I am merely a cosmic accident, not the thought out creation of a loving and merciful God.

He wants me to believe that I am alone.
In this "Alone-ness," he can manipulate me and lead me deeper into destruction.
But I am not truly alone.
God is there.
God is always there.

More than simply being there, God loves me.
That is hard concept to wrap my head around...God loves me?

But truth always triumphs over deception.
God does love me.


Psalm 139
O LORD, You have searched me and known me.
You know my sitting down and my rising up.
You understand my thoughts afar off.
You comprehend my path and lying down, and are acquainted with

all my ways.
For there is not a word on my tongue, but behold, O LORD, You know it altogether.

You have hedged me behind and before, and laid our hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me.
It is high, I cannot attain it.


Know this day as you read this posting, that you are not alone.
There is one who is near and is waiting for you to call out...
That one is God.

God on you....
mb



No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...