Saturday, July 14, 2012

All Flesh....Everywhere

Joel 2:28
And it shall come to pass afterward that I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh........

Prophetic words....
Words of promise spoken by someone who never breaks His promise.

The human race was going to have an appointed time where God would pour out His Spirit and cover them.
Funny part in all of this, is that the "pouring" is going to happen to everyone.

I guess you could say that it would cover the earth with His presence.
It didn't matter what spiritual affiliation you might have had....you were covered with God's Spirit....
It didn't matter what race you were......you were covered by God's Spirit.
It didn't matter what you socio-economic background was.....you were covered by God's Spirit.

This was God's way of fulfilling the words of "I'll never forsake you or leave you."
Why this "divine" pouring out of His Holy Spirit?
John 14:15-17
"If you love Me, keep My commandments. And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper that He may abide with you forever----
This was all part of God's plan to redeem mankind.

Jesus became the sacrificial payment for the sins of the world, and through His resurrection, reconciled us back to God. That is a fancy way of saying that Jesus opened the door for us to have relationship with God. The "sin" question was taken care of. God poured out His Holy Spirit on the day of Pentecost (Acts Chapter 2) and the world was never the same.

No more yearly trips to the Temple to offer an atonement sacrifice....
No more having to search out and find Jesus if you needed something like oh....salvation or healing...
Now God's presence was as close as a prayer.
Now God's Spirit would fill and inhabit anyone who was saved.

God would be in us and with us 24/7...365. How cool is that?

It was this "Pouring Out" on the day of Pentecost that brought Power to us.
This is the Power we read about in the Twelve Steps. The Power to change has been poured out and is available to all who ask for Him.
So yes, I guess you could say that we live, breath and move about in a "rain storm" of God's presence. He is everywhere and stands ready to empower, change and fill those who are empty and hopeless.


I know of what I write this morning.
I remember all too well the emptiness of my own life, looking for something that would give meaning to my existence. Nothing this world had to offer satisfied me like the presence of Jesus in my life. He brought a stability and peace within me that enabled me to cope with all the crud and muck this world has to offer. Life still isn't perfect, and I'm not so sure it will be until I cross over into His presence. But while I'm still here on planet earth, I am grateful that God poured out His Holy Spirit and made Him available to me.

Hook into POWER today!
You'll never regret it....
God on you.....
mb


No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...