Monday, July 2, 2012

Psalm 78 : 4-7
We will not hide these truths from our children, but will tell the next generation about the glorious deeds of the LORD. We will tell of his power and the mighty miracles he did. For he issued his decree to Jacob: He gave his law to Israel. He commanded our ancestors to teach them to their children, so the next generations might know them----even the children not yet born---that they in turn might teach their children.
So each generation can set its hope anew on God, remembering his glorious miracles and obeying his commands.

I guess one of my most favorite times each week, is when we finish the Saturday night meeting at Rapha. The equipment has been put away. People have asked and received prayer for various reasons. The room has emptied out and all that remains is my friend Wayne and me.
Each week we spend time remembering what God has done over the past 14 years in our meetings and in our lives. I think I can honestly say that God has allowed us to see and be a part of more than most folks see in a lifetime.

After the meeting on Saturday night, a young man came up to tell me that he had experienced God in a way that he never had before. He was almost out of breath, telling me of how during the prayer, God had come to him. He really did not have the language to explain what had happened, but it impacted him greatly. In other words, God was no longer just words on a page...and Jesus was now more than just a name given to God in the flesh. This Savior had indeed come to this person and brought him to a place where decisions are going to have to be made. I think the decision will come a little easire after this encounter with God.

I remember the first man who was saved at Rapha after I started teaching a Bible study. I referred to my class as "GOD-101". A kind of introduction to God and the Bible. It happened on January 28, 1999. We were meeting in the chow hall, of all places, and the group that day seemed tuned in to what was being taught. At the end of the lesson, I began to share about what it means to have a relationship with Jesus, and how the power he brought to our lives was the key to moving us out of addiction. I began to pray over the men when I noticed a young man had begun crying. Tears streaming down his face, I asked him..."Do you want to be saved?" He replied that he did, but there was something inside of him that was telling him not to listen and that he should kill me. Demon! The prayers quickly turned to deliverance to break the hold of the oppression and bondage over this young man. After a time of prayer, the demonic hold was broken and the young man gave his life and heart to Jesus.  I will never forget that day and what happened to that young man. His entire countenance was changed.....his face softened and his voice became soft and had a gentle tone to it. Young man's name was Brandon. He was the the first of many that God has saved at Rapha.

In one respect, part of my heart's desire is to see this up coming generation fall in love with Jesus. That they have a renewal / revival of their own that would cause their hearts to burn for Jesus. My time in the sun, so to speak, is over. My job now is to make sure that they know about Jesus and the healing that takes place in salvation. To see that they become students of God's word and that they learn how to worship. I must make sure that they understand that worship is a lifestyle and not just a time of music and praise. How I live my life affects the way I see worship. How I live my life affects the way I do worship. I want this generation to loose their love for the things of this world and fall madly in love with Jesus.
Who could ask for anything more?

God on you......
Have a great Monday...........it's the last one of the week.
mb

1 comment:

Bobby said...

May God continue to bless the ministry at Rapha!

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...