Friday, October 5, 2012

All Or Nothing



Exodus 33:19
Then He said, "I will make ALL My goodness pass before you, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before you. I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious,  and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion."

Oh, that I could ever wrap my head around who this God is.
Let me rephrase that.
Oh, if I could ever wrap my heart around who this God is.
I strive and struggle to know and understand Him, and just when I think I've made some headway, He comes along and shows me a complete new side of Himself.
Some of the greatest understanding as to the nature of God, comes in the smallest of words. Take the verse above. The word..."ALL".  From Strong's Concordance, we see that the word "all" means the complete...the whole...nothing held back in reserve. God tells Moses that he is going to reveal His complete "Goodness"....His total nature.....His glory. The thing that kept coming to me over and over, is that God gives all. When He saves us...He saves every bit of us. When He delivers us from our addiction, He delivers all of us...spirit, body, and soul. He is a complete God who works completely.

His protection to us is a complete protection.
His provision for us is a complete provision.
His plans for us are complete plans.

He is not a God of the partial. He is not a God of the fractional.
Just as Jesus was fully God and fully man, so is His nature
What love is born from this God for His creation that He would give all.
Love that reaches down through the muck and mire of this society and this world, to lay hold of and pull up that life, that soul that cries out to be rescued.
God sees value in us, even when we don't or can't see it. When the world has cast us aside because we are no longer any use to anyone, God takes us and cleans us up.Cleans us up, not just a little bit, but complete.
Why?
Because He is an "ALL" kind of God.

That is truth you can believe in.
Ask Him to manifest Himself to you today. To reveal Himself. To speak to you in a way you can understand.
If I haven't told you lately....
I love you...
And God loves you.....


God on you.....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...