Thursday, October 11, 2012

Blessed Assurance


I John 5:13
These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you my continue to believe in the name of the Son of God.

Yesterday was a day where I was fully aware that I was saved.
I was very much aware of God around me and in me. More than that, I had peace that no matter what the day may hold, I would be able to face it and not be knocked off course. Yesterday was a day of gratitude for what Jesus had done for me. Most of you know that I have a second job cleaning an office uptown in Gadsden. As I cleaned yesterday, I was listening to worship music on my mp3 player. The song Blessed Assurance began to play and I was suddenly overcome by the Spirit of God. The thought of what the words of that song meant went deeper than my mind....it penetrated to my heart and the tears began to flow.

Blessed Assurance.........Jesus is mine. The words of Philippians 3:12 came up in me....."But I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me." I have been given the most incredible gift in the world. The "knowing" that my salvation is secure. That no matter what happens around me, nothing can separate me from Jesus and nothing can separate Jesus from me. The more I lay hold of Jesus........the more He lays hold of me. What could ever separate us? Nothing. What falls under the heading of "Nothing?" Every thing!

Oh what a foretaste of glory divine. In those times when heaven comes down and I am caught up in the presence of God.....that is just a taste. When God blesses me and my family.....it is just a drop from the ocean that is to come. It is a preview of the fullness of God that I am to experience when this life is over and I stand in His presence.  I think on heaven quiet a bit. My thoughts range from "What will heaven smell like?" to "What will heaven sound like?" If my communion with God, here on earth, produces times of tears and joy, then what will it be like when we stand face to face? I think I may be undone by it all. If my heart beats with the hope for Christ...what will it be like in His presence when I will have the opportunity to worship him. Worship Him free of all the constraints this world tries to lay on me. To be honest with you....I have wanted to dance during worship.....but I haven't. I think maybe when I stand in the presence of Jesus, I will dance like King David. It may not be pretty when I do so, but it will be from an old heart which has fallen in love with my Jesus.

Heir of Salvation, purchased of God. I have been bought with a great price. what was it? God sent His Son. More than that, Jesus came willingly to give Himself as payment for my sins. His body was opened there on that cross and His blood flowed down. Each drop....Each molecule and Atom of that wonderful, pure blood covered sin. It destroyed the penalty that came because of sin. It eliminated the power of sin on humanity. And it removed the presence of sin from the hearts of those who became heir's of this salvation. I'm telling you, if that doesn't set you on fire, then your wood's wet.

Filled with His Spirit, washed in His blood. For those who are in recovery and following the Twelve Steps....this is the result of the first three steps. Confessing my sin and seeking God's forgiveness.....turning will and life over to His care, I am filled with His Spirit. I am given His Holy Spirit, which is the Power that has been missing from my life that would enable me to break the bondage of my addiction. I can now walk in this new life that has eluded me.

If you don't know or have relationship with this Jesus....
Find it today.
IF you can talk, you can pray...

It is just you getting real honest with yourself and with Him.
Confess all the mess you have created by living in your sin....
Ask Him to come and forgive you and clean you up...inside and outside.

Ask Him to fill you with His Power, His Holy Spirit.
recognize Jesus as becoming your Lord and Savior.......
Then, by faith....not feelings.....get up and begin this new journey.
Sounds simple doesn't it?
Well, it is.
Find you a Bible and begin to read the Gospel of John.

Know that Vicki and I are praying for you even as you read this.

God on you.....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...