Friday, April 19, 2013

Who Is Jesus To Me.




Matthew 16:15 (Jesus Talking)
"But who you (yourselves) say that I am?"

Is that the million dollar question or what? If Jesus showed up at your house today.....or maybe in your school....or at your workplace and asked that same question, what would your answer be?
Would you try to formulate an answer that sounded religious and gave you the appearance of living a life that you know you haven't been doing?
Would you stutter for an answer, "Hemming and Umming" your way through a very uncomfortable time?

TO me this very question posed by Jesus, "Who do you say I am?" is the heart of my relationship with Him. Every day I have to verbally answer that question as well as say it with my life. Some days, if Jesus were grading me, I might get an "A"....other days I'm not so sure that He wouldn't give me an "Incomplete" and start me over. Now you need to understand something. I am not putting forth that we are a people of works or that somehow our deeds earn us favor with Jesus. At the moment of your salvation, you have all the favor of God. Can't get any more. It's like trying to be more save-der than you currently are.

If I am living my life for His glory, then my actions and more importantly, my attitude, will reflect the answer of who Jesus is to me. This is what Vineyard Recovery Fellowship is all about. We come together to celebrate who Jesus is to us, and to realize that there is so much more that we need to learn and experience. As we worship and get into His word, we will see that "The unfolding and entrance of Your words give light. Their unfolding gives understanding (discernment and comprehension) to the simple. What simple? Me simple. That's who!

We want to couple our spiritual wisdom that we receive from the teaching of His word, with the spiritual experience we have each week as we run into Jesus in our daily lives. To share what He has done to us and through us. It may be that someone who comes on Saturday night has a story of how God healed a member of their family, or how He answered a prayer. We want to celebrate, and sharpen each other with our stories, the goodness of God, the love of Jesus and the presence of His Holy Spirit who lives in us. 

I guess the best answer to the Jesus question, "Who do you say I am?" would be to simply reply...."Look at my life. Do you see yourself, Lord? Do you see yourself in me as I work, sleep, eat, share, pray and give away?" IF so, then Jesus truly is Lord of my life.
Think on these things...I know that I am.
God on you....

mb

P.S.--- I just threw in the video of Larry Norman because this is how some people would answer the whole "Who do you say I am?" question.

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...