Friday, May 17, 2013

Long Night

A Declaration 

Psalm 27
The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear?

In a time and age of great spiritual darkness, we all are in need of receiving help and light from a source that is greater than us.
The Bible refers to a light that some possess as actually being darkness. In other words, we have allowed ourselves to become deceived so that we think what we see as great truth and wisdom, is nothing more than the ploy and wiles of our enemy, the devil.

The devil may actually try and copy light, but he can never copy the act of salvation. 

The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

My lack and inability to live life is taken up in Christ. I am empowered by the Holy Spirit to accomplish things that are beyond my own will or strength. 
God is the source of any life that I may possess. Not the heart-beat-keep-breathing-kind of life, but the fullness of God that enables us to walk through this present age, unscathed by the corruption and evilness of this age.

And now my head shall be lifted up, above my enemies all around me.

God raises up in His time. He exalts those who humble themselves.
Just as Noah and family rose above the destruction and death brought about by the flood, God raises up those who place their life and trust in Christ.

Therefore, I will offer sacrifices of joy in His tabernacle;
I will sing; yes, I will sing praises to the Lord.

I am learning how to worship. I am falling in love with Jesus. Not just in words or saying it trying to convince myself...
But truly through the study of His word and seeing His hand at work in me and around me, I am learning how to love Him.
This love cannot be contained to mere words.
I have to express it.
To shout and scream...
To clap my hands, stomp my feet and jump around.
To get down on my knees in reverence to Him...
To lay down on my face telling Him....."Jesus! What a wonder you are!"
"Jesus, Jesus, Jesus...there's just something about that name."

This has been a long, long night.
Phone calls from people who are hurting and struggling.
People who have lost their way and they are angry at God because they find themselves in such pain of their own doing.
People who know what to do....
But have become so blind to the truth, that they have rejected it.
My heart goes out to them.
And my prayers have covered them, as well as my tears.
How much longer do they have to suffer because of their own choices?
Oh God...
Be God in their lives.
Have mercy on them...
Break through all the deception and allow your love and your truth to break down every barrier that is separating them from real love and real relationship with you.
Keep them from the enemy until salvation is theirs.
Grant them a measure of peace.

In Jesus name...
amen

God on you...
mb


No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...