Saturday, May 25, 2013

The Dance Of LIfe

The Dance

I wish that I could move around the room with grace,
but it seems my steps are stumble and fumble to the music.
I want to hear the music in such a way that it gives direction
to my movement and purpose to this dance.

My desire is not to simply "Go through the motions"
but to embrace the moment.
To anticipate the next turn...
or the next twirl...
I care not how I may look to others.
I care only for you.

Freedom in the dance.
In the moment, there is just me...
And there is just you...
And only the music to bind us together.
My heart for your heart...
My love for you pales in comparison of your love for me.
Teach me the dance.

The dance?
It's this thing we call relationship with Jesus.
It is the real life that comes from this daily movement of following His steps.
For me, the dance has been hard.
Trading my religion for a relationship produces an awkward dance in me.
I'm called to follow, not to lead.
But I want to lead.
I want to be in control.
But Jesus lays hold of me and takes me in his arms and simply says.."Follow me."
At times, there is a pulling..
a tugging as Jesus leads me one way but I seem to be going in the opposite direction.
It isn't always pretty when I want to take control...
The dance ceases to be a thing of beauty, instead it takes on the appearance of a little child (me) wanting to have his way.

But I am learning.
I am learning that when I follow Jesus, the movement and the music take on an expression and experience I could not find any where else. I learn that the act of surrender produces a peace I could find no other way. 
To be lead....
To be directed...
By a heart of love that desires only the best for me.
Even in the dark times when I don't feel his presence....
The dance continues and unseen hands guide me....
A whispered voice reassures me..."I will never leave you, nor forsake you."
You see the dance is not dictated to by the demands of this world.
The dance is not bound by anyone or anything.
It comes from the heart of the one who created everything.
Including .....
dance.

Why not change partners today.
Why not lay down that needle...
Put away those pills...
Break that bottle...
Flush that line.....
Those partners only make empty promises of the dance they invite you to join.
They will only rip and tear your very soul and then leave you alone with the insane craving and belief that they love you.
Trade partners.....

Join the real dance.
God on you....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...