Saturday, June 8, 2013

Blood



It courses through our veins, aided by the constant thump of our hearts.
Pushed and pulled, drawing out that which sustains life, back around in the circle of life, our blood flows. Yet, sitting here at this computer, I am not aware of this movement inside of me. I feel no rush as this blood moves and turns and twists through veins and artery's and capillaries. Because I do not feel it does not diminish the truth of this liquid we call blood.

Long before science discovered it, God declared that "the life is in the blood."
Life....
Blood....

The life may be in the blood, but death is also a part of this equation.
In Hebrews we read that there is no forgiveness without the shedding of blood.
The two go together, life and death, yet it was the surrender of one life that saved us all.
It was the shedding...
The spilling out...

The opening up of one individual, allowing His blood to fall to the ground that pulled mankind back from the brink of eternal destruction.
The death of Jesus the Christ.
His blood...
Perfect blood....

No sin line to be traced down through his lineage because His blood had no earthly influence by a father.
Oh, He had a Father alright...
A heavenly Father who sent Him to planet earth.
Sent Him to be the payment to a debt that humanity could never pay.

He became the spiller of blood on a hillside outside of Jerusalem.

Those present that day could not make the connection between this man hanging there on that cross......
And the passover lamb that was being killed at the temple.
Both served a purpose in the eyes of God.

But only one had the type of blood that would forever break the power of sin...
Forever break the penalty of sin...
And forever break the presence of sin..
The blood of Jesus...


What can wash away my sin...
Nothing but the blood of Jesus...
What can make me whole again...
Nothing but the blood of Jesus....

Oh, precious is that flow....
That makes me white as snow...
No other fount I know....
Nothing but the blood of Jesus....


Thank you Father for this incredible selfless act of sacrifice.
That I can live free and clear from the grip of sin.
That I can move and act and live daily in communion with You.
Blessed be Your name...
In Jesus name, I pray...
Amen.


God on you....
mb


No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...