Saturday, June 15, 2013

CR Thoughts Rolling In My Brain


proverbs 8:35
For whoever finds me finds life, and obtains favor from the Lord.

Life?
Aren't we living already?
Well, we do have the capability of breath and movement...
Of thought and imagination...

but that doesn't always translate into "life".
The ability to live in such a way that you are under the favor and grace of God.
That is where real life abounds.
Abundant, overflowing life, as Jesus stated.


Isn't it amazing that the word and idea of life is always tied to God? To His nature and His character? You can't separate the two. Where there is God......there is always life.
There is always the ability and power to navigate whatever this world puts in your path.
Such a thought is the reason I love to go to Celebrate Recovery in Centre, Alabama.

In fact, I was there last night to speak. Been going up there for 9+ years and never once have I spoke there that God did not show out. I must be some kind of good speaker, right? No...He's some kind of God. You take a group of people....part of them have a heart that loves God beyond reason....the other part are hungry for his presence..with this combination, God will come and reveal himself in that meeting. That is why I love those folks. God shows up and shows out.

Got to see Peggy Chapman get her 20 year chip. Talk about a celebration! I always look for her smiling face when we get there. She, according to her own words, is a work in progress. Loves Jesus like  no other, and loves her meetings. I want to be like her. I want that passion for God that translates into a new way of living. 

Watched a young girl named Brittany go up and get beginner chip. She'd never been to church before and this whole recovery thing was new to her. But she was just beaming when she returned to her seat with that plastic chip tightly held in her hand. Bless her, Father and may she too walk this path that so many others before her have also walked.

Isn't it amazing what this God can do?
I saw people that had been rejected and cast aside by the world, now filled with God's Spirit.
They were laughing and serving others who came to the meeting. They not only had God in their lives, they had purpose and value, They were a part of a family. It is an incredible feeling when you belong.


As Vicki and I drove home last night, my thoughts drifted back to Donnie and Regina George, founders of Celebrate Recovery in Centre. How God took the death of their son and transformed it into something that has brought life to thousands of others. How God took the grief and pain that a parent feels when their child has died, and changed it into joy and gladness as others have been brought into a new way of living.
That is why I love to go to Centre, Alabama on Friday night.

God on you....

mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...