Saturday, August 17, 2013

Off The Page --- Off The Cuff



Revelation 12:11
And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony and they did not love tier lives to the death.

This is the audio message from last Saturday night.
During worship, you could tell God was up to something. His presence (or at least our perception of it) was thick in the room. As we were moving from worship to teaching, it was clear in my mind that the message I had prepared was not what God wanted to say to us.

As I was getting my Bible, the scripture from Revelation chapter 12 came to my mind, so I went with it.

I need never forget the power of the blood of Christ. Not a very popular topic in some churches today, but none the less the very thing that opened the door for me to have relationship with God the Father. Yes...we do have a bloody gospel. It covers every page of our Bible and it drips from us as we walk the streets of our towns and cities. It identifies us as enemies of this world and the system created by sin. It keeps demons at bay and draws the host of heaven to walk with us. That is why I need to remain humble. It's all God's work and provision...nothing on my part except a heart and life that has been surrendered to Him. 


As Keith Greene sang, "I Pledge Myself To Heaven For The Gospel". It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. 



God on you.....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...