Friday, August 9, 2013

Rocking For The Lord


Saw this on a friends FB page and it just gave me a chuckle. Well, actually it more like a cross between a chortle and a guffaw, and a giggle thrown in for good measure.
I want to be like this baby. I want to just cut loose and get all crazy up in Jesus. Not an emotional, fleshly crazy. But a loosing it just because He is Jesus kind of crazy.
I want to be like this baby.

I don't want to be childish...but rather, as Jesus called us to be, childlike.

To believe God simply because He is God.
To take my heavenly Father at His word and not worry about anything.
To actually believe that my heavenly Father has not lost power or ability to see me through because time has moved by. (Time is something that God created and stands outside of). Sorry, no Rolex's in heaven. Not even a cheap, John Cameron Swayze Timex.

I need to  remember that life is to be lived, not complained about.
Life is to be embraced with Jesus at the center of everything. Not something to whine and cry about.
To remember that life is about following, not leading.
Following Him...
Walking behind Him...
Life is about not loosing sight of what's important. 
As John Wimber use to say..."Keep the main thing, the main thing."

Life is God. The three part God who pow-wowed back in Genesis and came to the decision to create humanity in "Their" image. In spite of all the dumb things we have done....God still loves us. How cool is that?

Life is Friends.... As evidenced by the joy I felt last Friday night playing with the GUISE. As evidenced by hanging with the people at Vineyard Recovery on Saturday.

Life is Family. A grandson who can recited the most obscure facts about animals of every shape, form and fashion. It's about a grand daughter who eats her breakfast cereal without any milk. She doesn't hate milk, she just doesn't want any on her cereal. It's about two sons who still enjoy each other company and trying to make the other one laugh. Two sons, who when they come back home, still argue over which part of the dishwasher they have to unload after supper. Life is about incredible daughters in law who have fallen in love with our family. And life is about a wife who has weathered every storm with me, lo these last 41 years (as of September 1st).

Life is The Word....It was there in the beginning. It was with God. It was God.

Life is Banana Pudding....(Just threw that one in there so see if you were paying attention).

Life is Doing the stuff of the Kingdom. This Christianity thing isn't a spectator sport. It involves jumping off the high dive and screaming all the way down.

Life is Giving away what has been freely provided for me. I don't actually get to keep anything. At the time of my death, all the stuff I thought was important will be divided up among all the well wishers and family.

So I just want to enjoy this ride as long as I can.
Keep teaching and chasing this Jesus as long as I am able.
After all....
Life is an adventure when you saddle up with Jesus.

So be like a little baby banging them ivories, screaming and laughing all the while.
Isn't that what life is about?


God on you...
mb


No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...