Sunday, September 15, 2013

Saturday Night At Vineyard Recovery Church


Song Of Solomon 2:3
He brought me to the banqueting house, and his banner over me was love.

Really good evening at Vineyard Recovery Church last night.
Lot's of visitors and new faces.
Seemed to be a sense of anticipation in the air. People coming expecting to meet God.
During worship Vicki, my wife, came up on stage and told me that she thought she was hearing God say that Carrie Elrod was suppose to sing the next song, "I Can Only Imagine". This is the thing I love about what God is building on Saturday night. I don't have to be the one who has all the answer or hears from God. So I told her, "Go ask Carrie if she would do this." Now if you know anything about music, you know that not every song is written in the key you can sing it in, so I wasn't sure if Carrie could sing it or not. Guess what? It was God, and the key of "E" was in her range.

You may be thinking, "well, what's up with all of this?" Truth be known, I don't k now. Maybe it was God's way of seeing if we would simply obey. Would Vicki obey in coming to me to share what she had heard. Would I obey by agreeing and asking her to approach Carrie to sing. And would Carrie obey by coming up on stage and taking the song. In the end, it was a God-thing and we had heard correctly. As Carrie sang, the presence of God just exploded in that room. To me, it set the tone for Seth Barber's message which set up the ministry time afterwards.  By the end of the night, there were a lot of tears because of God's love and mercy and what He had done in that room.
Men walking around with crying because of the grace of the Lord. Mercy poured out on everyone, and everyone very much aware of what God had done and continues to do in their life.

God has called us, Vineyard Recovery, to be a people of prayer. Worship and prayer are the two main elements that define who we are as people who are hungry for God. Not casual prayer or a word thrown here or there to the heaven's....no! A people who want to embrace this wonderful communication that has been afforded to us by our Father. With that in mind, if you ever need prayer please contact us through this blog....or you can email me at 
rapha7@bellsouth.net. We would love to pray with you, join you in your journey to support and help you in any way we can.

God on you....

Do you feel it? Fall is in the air.

mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...