Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Wiesenheimmer's For Jesus


James 1:5
If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.

Sam Colegrove is responsible for the picture above. It was taken on our first night at Vineyard Recovery Church. Believe you me, if anyone knows, I have no wisdom. Anything that comes out of my mouth that even sounds wise is because of God's Holy Spirit at work in me.

I have ruminated (that's a good word, isn't it? Ruminated.) over this verse from James for some time now. I know that we read it.....I know that we say we believe it...but do we really do what the verse directs us to do? Do we ever go to God with our prayer of "Grant me wisdom!"?  According to my way of thinking, if the verse claims that God will give liberally, that means get ready, He's fixing to pour out buckets of wisdom upon you. I don't think it means that you turn out like the Holiday Inn Express commercial where you can do brain surgery and solve impossible math equations. I do believe that it is the wisdom of the Kingdom that will enable you to be discerning and see through whatever the enemy is trying to bring against you. It is the kind of wisdom that enable you to follow God through whatever problem you may be facing today. 

I guess the main part of the verse from James begins with the understanding that I need some wisdom to deal with life's problems. I have tried and tried....I have beat my head against that "life" wall and it isn't moving. Maybe I need to turn to God and ask for wisdom to move forward and not stay stuck in this place. In order to receive wisdom, you've got to realize that you need it. To me, this sounds like you're beginning to get wisdom if you truly realize that you need it.

To many people spend their days living by their feelings. As one of our video's we show at Rapha states, "Feelings are a good thermometer, but they are a lousy thermostat." Feelings simply register the state of life we are currently in, but they do nothing to adjust our way of thinking, or give us a plan to deal with what we are facing. Here is where the wisdom of God comes in. And as far as I can tell, it is there for those who will ask for it.
So.......

What are you waiting for?
Go get some wisdom...
I'll race you!


God on you....
mb



No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...