Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Power In Weakness


What a time we live it....
What a world we are traveling through....

I truly believe, as Paul wrote in Galatians, that we are living in a time between the times. We are living in an evil age.
We exist between Jesus' first coming to this earth and His next.

We move through an existence that contains both joy and sorrow.
Of happiness and grief. Times of great exultation mixed with dark nights of sorrow.

Especially at this time of year, the Christmas Season, the world works doubly hard to convince us to be happy. I don't want you to get the impression that I am a Grinch, or that I want to "bah, humbug" every good and proper during this season. I'm not and I don't. But I am particularly weighed down with the knowledge of the suffering going on around me. 


We got the news Saturday night during our meeting that two young people had committed suicide over at the Holiday Host Motel in East Gadsden. Deputies had gone to serve warrant's on drug related charges, when they heard gunshots coming from the motel room. Upon entry, they found the bodies of a young woman and man. Now, today, during this season of so called joy and happiness, two families are going to have to deal with and move through the process of grief as they bury their love ones. 

But you know, even in the midst of all this spiritual darkness, I find hope.
Hope and faith that God is who He has said He was, and that He will do what He has promised to do. That there will come a day when every dark thing we are accustomed to being around, will be done away with. Rapha, and every other drug and alcohol treatment program, will be shut down because there won't be a need for them. Talk about a celebration! I'll probably dance a jig in jubilation. ON that day, every thing we claimed to believe will be revealed as true.

When I look around at the suffering, I feel powerless.
When I am approached by someone who wants answers for tragedy and destruction, I feel powerless.
When I get up ever morning to face my own day, I am powerless.

But I am not without hope.
And that hope is found in an individual, Jesus. When I embrace Him as my Savior and hope, then I am filled with power.......His power. 
So, yes there is great spiritual darkness in our land today. But the light has come. The light that brings life has come to mankind. The true message found in the birth of the Christ child is that light has come to our darkened world. Light that give life. Life that fills us with hope. Light that proclaims victory over sin and death. At some point, the words found in Revelation 21:4 will become a reality in my own life. I will see for myself the works of Christ and His ability to dissolve and remove all traces of the devil, his kingdom and his work among humanity. The light of Christ will rule supreme. 
But I need that light......right here.....right now.
And for me to possess such light comes only when I come to Him admitting my powerlessness.



Merry Christmas from the "B's" in Attalla.

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...