Monday, September 15, 2014

Weekend Recap


Acts 1:8
But you shall receive POWER when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you shall be witnesses to Me.....

Isn't that the real heart of the matter?  Power ----- Us------Telling our story?
I think sometimes we might forget the order God has created for us to participate with.
Holy Spirit -----Power -----Us-----The message.
His story becomes our story.
I can only tell of God what God has told to me.
I can only demonstrate what God has given me to show.
I can only attest to the things that God has done in me.

In other words.....
My life and God's intervention in it is the message.

Michael ----before God = mess
Michael ----after God = a mess sometimes, but it is because of my own stupid choices I make. But I become an instrument, a voice that God will use as I tell my story.

I spoke three times over the week end and each time I stood and watched as God moved among the people.
Friday night at Celebrate Recovery Centre, as I was coming down from the stage as ministry was winding down, a man stepped out into the isle and asked me to pray for him. He was hooked on pain med's and wanted to get treatment. I motioned for Vicki to come an join me in praying. God came....the man began to cry. Vicki moved over to where his wife was sitting and just wrapped her arms around her and began to pray. Likewise God came on the lady....she began to weep. There was healing and a resolve on the man's part to be in a program on Monday. Power. Do you know how hard it was for that man to admit that he needs help? Addiction, coupled with demonic influence, is a hard combination that has held many a life in place in silence.

Saturday night at VRC, we saw God move on a group of individuals who stood to receive.
I am blessed beyond measure to have a core group of leaders who are just crazy enough to believe our God wants to save and heal. They got up and began to pray over those who stood to receive. Once again, God came. A first-timer to VRC began to weep because she had hope again. God has begun a work between her and her husband and part of that work was putting hope back in their lies. Addiction will rob a family of hope and leave them dry and broken on the ground. Once again, God showed up and God showed out.

Lat night at CR North Glencoe God was there just as He had been on the other two nights.
To me, the very reason God shows up is because there are always hungry, desperate hearts there in these meetings who truly want to believe that God is real and that He will do what He has promised He would. It's not enough to simply hear a message and believe that what is being shared is truth. The message stirs the faith of the one who is listening. 
Romans 10:17 - So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Hearing the message only primes the pump and prepares it to receive from God. When God's word is taught, there should always be room left in the meeting for God to come and demonstrate the truth. This demonstration is always....(hear me on this) always accompanied by POWER! It isn't about the one who brings the message. They are the least important part of this equation. It is about the ones on whom the message falls, and the desire of Almighty God to see them brought under His Kingdom covering.

That is why I go to different recovery meetings.
I know that there will hungry, desperate people there.
I know that such people stir the heart of God to come and reveal Himself.
I know that when these two factors are brought together, it is going to be a wonderful night. 


God on you....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...