Saturday, November 29, 2014

Saturday Morning Thought's Fueled By Two Cups Of Coffee

Three days of prep and indulging in the perk's of Thanksgiving.
Time spent with the Bynum side last night in Oneonta.
Great food, great company, great stories and memories.
Home and bed...
Nothing like your own bed...

It just fits the body and comforts the mind and heart, allowing for maximum drift into sleep.

Sun is coming up even as I write this.
Another day...
Another opportunity to get it right.

Don't want to waste it or mess it up.

Thoughts and verses for the day:
Jeremiah 17:14
Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed. Save me, and I shall be saved, for You are my praise.

Jeremiah 17:7-8
Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, and whose hope is in the LORD. For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters, which spreads out its roots by the river, and will not fear when heat comes. But its leaf will be green, and will not be anxious in the year of drought, Nor will cease from yielding fruit.

I was created for God's good pleasure.
I was created so that He could will and work into me, and replace all the "Stuff" that the world has embedded in me. 

Attitudes and thoughts...
Behaviors and actions that run contrary to God. Such needs to be taken out, or changed, or removed so that I can be filled with Him.
Truth be known, there isn't any room for " me".

Jesus told me, in Luke chapter 9, that if I wanted any part of Him...then I'd have to give up myself, my will, my desires, my wants, my needs..etc...etc.
Sometimes this really sticks in my craw...
But, after much consideration and contemplation, I discover that it is my old stinky self that has that desire to not give up and over to Jesus.


It's not like Jesus is going to turn me into some sort of automaton, a robot with no will what so ever.
He wants me to discover for myself the life that is waiting for me, with the Holy Spirit as my guide.

Yellow brick roads and wizard's? I don't think so.
There are good times out there...
And there are hard times out there...
There is pain, and suffering...

with copious amounts of grief...
But above all that I want to run away from, stands Jesus.
"We can do this if you'll follow me," He says.
Do what?
Walk through life and face head on whatever comes my way.
Simple as that.
But it requires a vision and ability to see that the world cannot produce or give to me.
Vision that is fueled by faith.
Faith lets me see through the pain and suffering and find the joy of the Lord.

Joy of the Lord?
Yep! The complete,deep down inside, assurance that Jesus is who He claims to be.
Assurance that He is capable of doing what He has promised He would do.

I'm just crazy enough to believe it....

God on you..

mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...