Thursday, November 6, 2014

It's A Mercy Day




Psalm 136:1
O Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good. For His mercy and loving kindness endure forever.

Having an attitude of gratitude.
Being grateful this morning.
The verse above states that the Lord "IS" good.

Not the Lord was good....
Or that the Lord will be good...
His goodness is right now, right here.
It's here on Greene Street, in Attalla, Alabama...
At 4:34 a.m on November 6, 2014.
And He is good wherever you are reading this posting.

He is good no matter what day you might be reading this posting.

His goodness is there in spite of what you may think, or be going through.
Sometimes the pain of life and the darkness of our own heart keeps us from not only seeing, but experiencing the goodness of God.
Rest assured ....He is there.

No matter what state your heart may be in....
Sin or saved....
He is there.

In sin, He seeks to draw us into a new way of living.
Through confession or our sin, brokenness of heart, and a looking to Him to truly be that Higher POWER we've read about and heard about.

In salvation, He seeks to guide us and show us the better way.

Show us that He is more than a Higher POWER.
He is Savior.......
He is Counselor...
He is our Friend...

A Friend like no other.
A Friend who does not change, but becomes the one constant and stable force in  world that lives for change.


The verse states that "His mercy" endures forever.
Endures....
That it has stood, and will continue to do so, the test of time.
This attribute of God has been assailed by countless tyrants and unbelievers who have tried to destroy Him.
He has been accused of being a wrathful and vengeful God. Treating humanity like chaff or some kind of cosmic play toy.

Such accusations come from hearts that truly do not know this God.

Mercy...
What is mercy?

Mercy is God giving me something I don't deserve.
What is it I don't deserve?
Relationship with Him.

He did so by sending His own Son to die in my place as a payment for my sins.

Mercy is God withholding something from me I do deserve.
What is it that  I do deserve?
Hell....

Born a sinner....
Born with a bent to want to run my life free and clear of God and any intrusion by Him into my life.
Sin nature that flies the flag of independence from God.
And by doing so, seals my eternal fate.
Such arrogance and stubbornness cloud the mind and dull the heart to God's voice.
Yet, in mercy, He continues to love me.
In mercy, He continues to call to me to repent and turn to Him.

His mercy was there every time you took that drink...
Smoke that joint....
Used that needle....

Snorted that line....
Swallowed that pill....
He was right there loving you...calling to you....sometimes even sparing your very life, when the devil tried to take it.
That's my God....
Full of mercy and loving kindness....
Do you know Him?

God on you...

mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...