Monday, February 2, 2015

The Weekend That Was


Monday morning....coffee in hand....Another week. 
What lies ahead? Possibilities, that's what.
Another opportunity to see God work, not only in the people I will meet, but in my own life as well.
I'm not a big planner when it comes to scheduling or "seeing the big picture".
My "big picture" usually consist of the day in front of me.
Being Monday...that's all I can focus on.

I know some people who can juggle multiple tasks, events and still plan toward 6 weeks from now. Me? I juggle one ball. When I'm good at that, I lay it down and pick up another one. Works for me.

Friday
A time to shut down before the weekend starts up.
Take out Chinese for supper.

Time for short nap....read Scripture....catch up on the week with Vicki.
Mostly rest. An episode of Blue Bloods (our new favorite show).
In the bed by 9:30.
Sleep, glorious sleep.

Saturday
Time to gear up for the VRC meeting. Down to the church at 7 a.m..
Prayer, select the songs for worship. This week my part of the worship set consisted of "Twelve Steps To Heaven" and "Invitation Fountain". 
Set up the tables and chairs, sound equipment, get coffee ready to perk.
More prayer. Usually Wayne Wimpee joins me in this Saturday morning ritual.
By time we finish and head out, it's 11 a.m. Home.
Vicki has gone to the office to work for a few hours. She buys groceries, and we time it so I can be at home to help her unload.

Lunch. and two hours to collect myself before I head back out.
Back to the church by 4 p.m. / More prayer, only this time the impression I got was that tonight was going to be special.

6:45 p.m. /  people start coming in. I know God is up to something as we have a sign in our midst. It was the first time that the three leaders of the recovery meetings that take place at Gadsden Vineyard, have been under the same roof for VRC. Amy and Patrick Brown are there, as well as Seth Barber who is going to speak.

Seth's message knocks it out of the park.

Jeremiah 2:13
For My people have committed two evils: The have forsaken Me, the fountain of living waters. And hewn themselves cisterns---broken cisterns that can hold no water.

Seth shared how the word "forsaken" actually means to "root out". To dig up and cast away. So when God says that the people have forsaken Him, He means that the people actively engaged in behavior that was designed to remove Him from the collective conscious of the nation. Seth tied this in to someone who is trapped by addiction. I've watched Seth grow and mature for a number of years, and each time I hear him speak, I marvel at how God has transformed this young man. Seth pulls no punches with his teaching and every message I've ever heard him give comes straight from his heart and his personal experiences of being an addict.

During ministry time, there were salvation's and healing's. God validated the truth of Seth's word by letting His power manifest in our presence. Once more, as I was locking the front door to head home, I looked back into the room and thought to myself..."Wow! You did it again God. How are you going to top this evening?" I went away in the knowledge that in seven days, we get to do it all over again and see what He will do next. How can you not love everything about God? 

I will stop for now...
More coffee needed...
God on you...

mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...