Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Washed To The Sea



Hebrews 6:19
This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast, and which enters the Presence behind the veil....

Hope? To me, it is a confident expectation.
Hope has a purpose and is truly defined by the focus of my expectation, Jesus.
It is my finite mind laying hold of a very simple fact.
No matter what life may hand me today...
No matter what my circumstance or situation may be today....
Jesus is my ultimate goal.
To hear Him when He speaks to me....
To carry out whatever He may say to me...
And to find a joy that is greater than anything this world has to offer.

Hope tells me that one day all will be made right.
Hope fills me with a resolve to not give up...
to not quit...
But to press into, lean hard against, and soldier on, no matter what the obstacle is
that I have encountered.

Hope keeps me moving forward, without looking back to my past.
There's nothing back there in "Egypt", my past.
And I have found that when I do let my mind dwell on the "Egypt" of my past...
My memory is clouded with a romanticized view of how life use to be.
I don't look back, no matter what this day brings to me.
Why?
Because I have hope, and such is found in a person, Jesus.

Life is hard..
Jesus is my reward.
Life isn't fair...
Heaven is my home...
Life is cruel..
The Words of God keep my hope alive...
Very simple truth at work here...
Either Jesus is who He claimed to be...
And will do what He has promised He would do..
Or it's all a lie.
I fall on the side of placing my hope in and on Him.

Life isn't fair..
But I trust that Jesus will make all things right at some point in the future.
I trust that there won't be any more tears, or sorrow, or pain.
Such seem to be my traveling companions on this journey called life.

I Peter 1:3
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who
according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a
Living Hope
through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.

Those who choose to follow this Jesus through life, are reborn into a new way to live.
And the promises that have been given to us, in Christ, are new and fresh
every morning.
They are not carved on some stone, covered with the dust of the ages.
They are ever relevant to our lives today.

Cast off the chains of the past that have kept you from this living hope.
Step out of the cell that has defined who you are.
Embrace this Jesus...
Lay hold of Him, as He has laid hold of you...
And live!

God on you...
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...