Friday, May 8, 2015

Acappella - Be Ye Glad



Could not sleep.....
A silent sound is moving through my heart and mind....
A mixture of supreme peace and assurance, mixed with great sadness.
Life....

Life is to be lived. But in the process of this living, sometimes there are those who depart from their appointed path to take these side trips into the darkness. Why is it that darkness is so appealing? What manner of enticement is stirred within our hearts that would draw us from our appointed journey. Those little side trips are sometimes the very thing that kill us and leave us by the side of the road.

I've seen far too many who have chosen to leave the path never to return. Either because they have become so lost they cannot find their way back.....or they succumb to the darkness and are consumed by their own fleshly desires. Too many men and women will not see the light of this day. Too many children will grow up without father's and mother's to guide them. Too many have died needlessly because of wandering from the Path.

Thought's run through my mind like a runaway train.
"I didn't pray enough for them."
"I didn't witness enough to them."
"I should have been a better friend than I was."
No! The hard truth is....sometimes people make choices no matter what you may say or do, to walk away into that darkness.
Such truth does not sit well, but I know it to be what it is....truth.
You cannot save someone who doesn't want to be saved.

So what's up with this posting this morning?
A proclamation rising up from within me....
A proclamation that today I do have a choice....
I can choose to rise from the ashes and follow my Jesus....
Or I can sit here and wallow in self pity and despair....
Today, I choose to follow Jesus....
Today, you can make the same choice....
Today, you can shake off the chains you willingly placed yourself in through bad choices, and you can walk away free and clear....
walk away into a new way of living.

I do not care how loud the voices are in your mind that condemn you and say you can't...
Those voices that accuse you and belittle you...
There is one voice that stands above all that seek to draw you deeper into the darkness of life...
That would be the voice of God's Holy Spirit.

I have probably posted this song, BE YE GLAD, more than any other here at the Greene Street Letters.
It is a song of hope and a reminder to me that a great price has been paid for my freedom.
I never want to become so cold or hard of heart that I loose gratitude for what Christ has done for me.
I pray that you never loose heart either.
That is why I want you to be encouraged today.

Because there is a truth greater than you can imagine...
A truth that will bring hope and peace to you no matter what you may be going through...or what you may be facing this day....
Hope found in a person...
Hope found in relationship with that person...
That person would be Jesus...

Not the Jesus of the church...
Not the Jesus of a denomination...
No one group or individual can own Jesus...
He gives Himself freely to those who cry out from the darkness...."Save me".

So this day...
Be Glad....
Leave the prison you've lived in for longer than you care to admit...
Walk into this new life with Christ....
You see...
I have a problem with all of what I have written this morning. It's either completely true.....or it's the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on mankind. Well, I just happen to believe it is true beyond true. May you find Him today..
God on you...

mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...