Monday, May 25, 2015

Deep In The Shadows




Psalm 23:4
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death....

Life is filled with sunshine and shadows....
A mixture of darkness and light that, at times, seek to define who we are and what we are trying to accomplish.
Not accomplish in the sense of job's or skills, or tasks...
but in the sense of who we were created to be.
Sometimes the shadows can be so deep that you can't find your way.

Sometimes the light is so blinding that you can see what lies ahead.

But there is a shadow that not only provides you with safety and understanding, but covers you with love.
The shadow of God.


Psalm 91:1-2
He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress.....my God, in Him I will trust.

God's cover over you as you traverse this terrain of life...His shadow.
The shadow of love...
The coolness of His presence completely overtaking you.

The protection of His name flying like a standard for all the world to see that you are His possession. 

In Psalm 23 we read that part of life's journey includes going through other shadows. In this case, David writes of the valley of the shadow of death.
Valley...
The lowest point between two mountains....
Mountains could symbolize problems and situations we find ourselves facing.
Mountains so high that they block out the natural light, casting long shadows down into that valley.

Such places can be scary and cause one to pause.
But David wrote that he wasn't afraid of such times or places, that he was moving through one shadow, in the protection and safety of another shadow.

The shadow of death has no cause for concern to David because he understands who it is that is taking him through this shadow. He understands that death cannot overtake until it is his time.

We all have these parts of our life journey that will take us through the valley of the shadow of death. Never, never, never forget who has a hold of you...
Spirit, soul, body all belong to God. I am His and He is mine. Such is a comfort to me. As David wrote in Psalm 23...."I will fear no evil."
I'm not the smartest guy in class, but I do believe that mindset and heartset will serve me well..."I will fear no evil."

Think on these things...

God on you..

mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...