Friday, September 25, 2015

Dry Bones Dance




Ezekiel 37:1-6
The hand of the LORD was upon me, and he brought me out by the Spirit of the LORD and set me in the middle of a valley; it was full of bones. He led me back and forth among them, and I saw a great man bones on the floor of the valley, bones that were very dry. he asked me, " son of man, cant these bones live?" I said, "O Sovereign Lord, you alone know."

II Corinthians 5:17
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!

Years ago, I wrote a song that was centered around the reality of who we are as human beings. The line that stuck with me during the writing of the song was "Without You Lord, we're just some breath around some bones."  How true is that? The realization that without the Spirit of God living in me, I really have no purpose for being here on this planet. Oh I may have lofty goals. I may be living to leave a legacy behind when it's my time to be buried. But each of us, without Christ in our life, is just marking time. From the richest to the poorest...we all need relationship with our Creator to complete and define who we truly are.

Our identity is found in HIM.
So many today are out there wandering around, not knowing who they are. They seek to define themselves by feeding that eternal appetite for sin. We bind ourselves in relationship with others, totally outside the will of God, thinking that this is the answer to all our problems. But it doesn't. It only deepens the appetite for more. When we don't find fulfillment in the relationship, we discard each other and move on to the next person that catches our fancy. We gravitate to those who are equally as lost as we are, to find some semblance of peace and comfort. But it's not there. 
So we use.....
So we drink....
So we lie....
So we cheat on each other....

So we continue to slide down that slippery slope of destruction.
All the while, the answer to our dilemma and questions for self-fulfillment has been there all along. The answer has a name, and that name is Jesus.

When I turn to Him...
He speaks new life into me....
These once dry bones are restored and rejuvenated.
I am put back together in the fashion I was suppose to before sin warped everything.
I find life.

How bout you?
You still doing that dry bone shuffle...trying to find real life in a bottle, or a pill?
Is the needle your closest friend? Does it really bring the comfort you desire? Or does it lie to you with every using, giving you only empty promises and death?
Let Jesus turn you today....

Think on this.

God on you...

michael b.

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...