Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Fear Cannot Rule Us..Fear Must Not Rule Us


John 14:1
"let not your heart be troubled. You believe in God....believe in Me."

I wasn't going to write this particular posting this morning.
I really didn't want to,but God would not take it from me, so here we are.

I'll do my best to explain what I have been seeing.
Seems to be a lot of prophetic words concerning events that are suppose to happen this month. 
Economic collapse....
Natural catastrophes..

Attacks upon our nation...
And the list goes on and on and on....
I'm not here to dispute or agree with any of these words that have been given.
What I do want to share is about the response that I see from some.
I see fear.....
I see people operating from a place of fear....
I see people taking these words at face value, never actually spending time with God to hear for themselves.

Fear is up and running in the Kingdom of God.
This is not the way God operates.

Fear causes us to become self-centered....and concerned with out own personal safety...
Fear causes us to listen to our own internal voice which is being driven by the by this emotion......
Fear keeps us in an emotional upheaval. In such a state, it is extremely hard to hear God.

Fear causes us to hoard, and store, and hide in an effort to save ourselves.
This isn't from God!

Seems to me that if such a time is coming to our country (and I am not doubting that it will) it would the time for those who claim to follow Jesus to rise up. To become THE church we are suppose to be.

In such times of darkness, should we not open our doors and be there for those who do not know our Jesus? 
Fear causes us to hang on tighter to what we have, and not give away. To think of ourselves and not others who may be in need.
Should we not be the most extravagant people during the most darkest of times? Yes! We should be over-the-top, reaching-out-to-others, group ever to walk the face of this earth. We cannot circle the wagons and wait for the apocalypse. 

One of the songs that has become my favorite, is written by Crispin Schroeder. "It Will Be Alright" takes the verses from Matthew 5:25-34 and lays them out for us to realize that God is in control.
"Why do I worry about tomorrow....when all I have is today...Why do I worry about the clothes that I wear....and where it is I will stay....
And I know....it will be alright, yes I know...it will be alright."

This song, and those verses from Matthew 5 were written in dark times....Jesus is telling us that no matter what our situation is...no matter what we are facing, even death...we are to trust Him. Trusting Him isn't contingent on any circumstance, good or bad....it is simply the behavior and action taken by those who are living for Him. We trust. Why? Because He is trustworthy. Does this mean that everything has a happy ending. Yes, it does. But not necessarily on this side of eternity. 

Maybe it's just my age...maybe it's the place that I'm currently in, emotionally and spiritually, but I think I can say that I do not love life more than I do my Jesus. Death does not frighten me anymore...use to...but not now. There is a freedom that I've never considered with this thought. A freedom that lets me make decisions that are based on the greater good rather than my own personal safety. Does this mean that I'm going to rush out and be a martyr for Christ? No. But I'm not going to reject others simply to save myself. I pray that God would grant me grace and mercy to help those who do not know Him, that they may see the love of God in action. I will not surrender to fear...I will not allow it to control me.

God on you...
Michael b.

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...