Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Time To Live It


Isaiah 33:14-15
The sinners in Jerusalem shake with fear.
Terror seizes the godless.
"Who can live with this devouring fire?" they cry.
"Who can survive this all consuming fire?"

Those who are honest and fair.
Who refuse to profit by fraud,
who stay far away from bribes.
Who refuse to listen to those who plot murder.
Who shut their eyes to all enticement to do wrong...

These are the ones who will dwell on high.
The rocks and the mountains will be their fortress.
Food will be supplied to them,
And they will have water in abundance.

It's not simply a good idea......
It's not just a fad that passes until the next "new" thing comes along.
Many hear it...
Few actually do it....
What is it I'm talking about?
Trusting God with every area of their life.
Physical...
Emotional....
Spiritual.....
Financial.....
Relational....
All of the areas in our life place in His hands, and His care.
We hear it, but are we selective in what we will and will not trust God with?


Do we still have the subtle idea that we need to control certain things.
Maybe it's our finances.
After all, we understand our financial woes and troubles better than anyone else, don't we?
God really would not want me to give a tithe to Him if it meant we would not have enough money to do what we need to do, would He?

Maybe I need to trust Him with my finances and my money.

What about my relationships?
Am I surrounding myself with others who are in darkness as to their spiritual lot in this life?
Who do I count as my real friends? Are they truly friends?
Food for thought.
The basis for all recovery is a simple test.

"You are who you run with."
If you are spending time with others who are still in the old lifestyle, that isn't good.
If you are trying to follow this Jesus, but your path keeps you connected with former running mates...that isn't good.
We separate ourselves in order to find new friends.
Doesn't mean you don't care about your old bud's.....
When you come to follow Jesus, your care for them is founded on the simple fact that you want them to experience what you have found. Life! Real life that can only come through having a relationship with Jesus.

If you look around today, you'll see that this old world is a mess.
I don't think it is the worst time ever in the history of our planet...
But I do believe that there are some hard times ahead.

Who you live for....
And what you believe will either be a lifeline or an anvil that will drag you under.

I think that God is still in the business of searching out those whose hearts are committed to Him, that He may strengthen them for such a time. Notice I didn't say "Take them out of the hardship"....I said "strengthen". God will temper His own with the ability to weather what ever comes their way. God will plant them firmly so that they are not tossed about like a leaf in them wind. 

Just remember that all we have to do is live in this day.
Not tomorrow.
Not yesterday.
Just today.
That being, find God today. Make that decision to turn will and life over to His care.


God on you...

michael b.

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...