Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Daily Battle



Galatians 5:16-17
So I say, let the Holy Spirit guide your lives. The you won't be doing what your sinful nature CRAVES. The Sinful nature wants to do evil, which is just the opposite of what the Spirit wants. And the Spirit gives us desires that are the opposite of what the sinful nature desires.
These two forces are constantly fighting each other, so you are not free to carry out YOUR good intentions.

Here is the heart of life on planet earth.
There is a battle daily.....
A struggle within to "do the right thing".
Our ability to "do the right thing" is not a matter of will power, for if it was then will would be the Higher Power we seek in Step #2.
It is a matter of turning will over to a Power greater than ourselves who is at work in us.
It is a matter of feeding the right one.....

It is a matter of feasting on what the right one gives us.
It is a choice.

Sometimes I think having the ability to choose is not worth keeping.
But then I realize what an incredible gift God has chosen to give us.
To have the ability to choose is the ultimate act of love by God the Father.
What is even greater, is that when we choose wrong, He is there to show us the way out of the mess that surely will come because of our wrong choice.

The Holy Spirit brings conviction.
This lets us know that we have chosen based on our sinful nature and not from His direction.
He then offers forgiveness, if I confess my wrong.

Then restoration and rejuvenation to get up, get back on the right path and continue on with my journey.
Make no mistake....life is a battle as we deal with this conflict that rages within.
Choose God....?

Choose ME?
Choose the leading and direction of the Holy Spirit?
Or choose the craving of my sinful nature?

Well, I've done both of them...
I've chosen good....
I've chosen bad....
No surprise that I like the consequences of the "good" choice a lot better than the "bad" one.

As the Bible says...."Duh Huh!"

What I've written about today....choosing God over our cravings, is one more reason that we need to be connected to a community of people who have similar situations.
People we can relate to...
A place where we can open up and share when we are struggling.

We don't need a place or people who will excuse our bad choices.
Rather we need a place where people will love us and point us back to the way we need to go.
Think on these things today...
Choose God this morning....
Then go about your day, denying your old will and sinful nature.

God on you....

mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...