Thursday, May 5, 2016

Heartbeats


Ecclesiastes 3:2
A time to be born and a time to die.....a time to plant and a time to harvest.

Heartbeats......
We take them for granted, don't we.
We assume that there will be another, followed by another....

But if you stop and think about your heartbeat, you'll come to the same conclusion that I have.
We have two things going on at the same time with each beat of our heart.
The number of beats that have taken place since our birth is increasing. We're counting up with each beat.
But at the same time, the number of beats we have left is decreasing as we near the end of our life.
So to me, each heartbeat is like a little gift from God.
I get to live for another beat....
I get to draw breath here on planet earth for one more beat.


So if these "beats" are a gift....
Am I using the benefit of life in the right way?
Or am I simply coasting through my number of beats doing what I want to, saying what I want to, and believing what I want to, with no regard to anyone else. In other words, am I spending all my "beats" by being selfish? Self centered? Without any thought of the One who has given me life?


Do I let my circumstances and situations I face dictate my gratitude, or lack of it.
Am I a bitter person because life didn't turn out like I thought it should?

Or do I accept my blame for the bad decisions I made, and turn my face to God to make the best of what life I have left...

Do I waste my heart beats so I can hurt others?
Do I live my life blaming everyone and everything for my mistakes. Do I take it out on the very ones who love me? Using words and emotions to wound and hurt the ones who either have tried, or are trying to help me so I can feel better about my life. Making others miserable because I am miserable.

That is not life...
That is not what heartbeats are given for.


I love the words of Ephesians 4:1 - Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will give grace (or encouragement) to those who hear them
I want everyone around me to know that I love them.
I want everyone around me to know that God loves them.
I want to be the man God created me to be....
A man who is about his Father's business....
A man who does not waste the heartbeats he is given.

God on you.....
mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...